I have inherited my great grandmother’s cutlery set and cherish it dearly. It is not a very expensive one and have seen better days but the shapes of the forks are wonderful and I love the rustic feel of the aged metal.
Forks make the perfect name tag or place card holders on a table setting and look great if they are colour dipped for a fun element.
Try this technique in a few easy steps with old or new forks to add a little fun on your Christmas table.
Give your old or new set of forks a good scrub down.
Dip the back and front of the fork in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®.
Balance the forks on a glass jar for it to dry. You can also use an old egg carton.
Cut brown card into strips and stamp your guests names on it. (If you don’t have a stamp kit you can simply write the names but I would highly recommend you invest in one. It changed my life!
Buy your full alphabet set set online from I Love This And That.
Now simply slide the card in between the teeth of the color dipped fork and use it as a name tag on your beautifully decorated Christmas table.
We have based our Christmas blog posts around this wonderful palette featuring six selected colours from the Annie Sloan colour chart.
1. Louis Blue Pair this pastel with white for a fine Rococo look or combine with brights for a vintage retro aesthetic
2. Antoinette This soft pale pink takes inspiration from the dusky wall colours and decorative pieces of 18th century French interiors
3. Provence Recalling the shutters and doors of the South of France, this colour works equally well for a modern look
4. Antibes Green Not only found in the neoclassical palette, but also on rustic country furniture from Ireland and the south of France
5. Napoleonic Blue This colour takes inspiration from Ultramarine and Cobalt Blue pigments used for decorative work in neoclassical interiors
6. English Yellow Inspired by hand-painted Chinese wallpaper and the development of Chrome Yellow pigment in the 1700
The best part … you can WIN all six these Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® colors by entering our competition!
Visit the Annie Sloan website to find your nearest stockist of amazing Chalk Paint®.